Scribbled by: Megha | Date: July 25, 2014
Like we said, here’s one more fun recipe from The Park New Delhi that you can do at home this monsoon season.
Broccoli Pine Nut and Feta Cheese Tikkis are fun to prepare and doesn’t take much time, ensuring you enjoy watching rains as much as possible. Paired with a strong masala chai, these healthy and tasty tikkis with a Greek twist is perfect for a wet monsoon evening!
Ingredients (Makes 10-12 tikkis):
1 large potato - boiled
2 bread slices
1 onion - finely chopped
2 Green chillies - finely chopped
1 tsp finely chopped ginger
1⁄4 tsp cumin powder
50 gms pine nuts
100 gms feta cheese
Salt to taste
Chaat masala - to sprinkle
Oil - for shallow frying
1. Cut broccoli into florets and cook them in boiling water for couple of minutes. Refresh with ice cold water. Drain and reserve.
2. Mash the boiled potato.
3. Remove the crust and run the bread in a food processor to make bread crumbs.
4. Chop the broccoli coarsely or pulse in a food processor.
5. Heat a tsp of oil and add finely chopped onions and fry until they turn translucent. Add chopped green chilies and ginger and saute for a minute.
6. Add the chopped broccoli, mashed potato and pine nuts.
7. Season with salt and chaat masala as per taste.
8. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and allow it to cool.
9. Add the bread crumbs and mix well.
10. Shape into 10 -12 even sized spheres and stuff them with feta cheese. Shape into round and flat tikkis.
11. Apply few tbsp of oil on a hot tawa or non stick pan. Shallow fry the tikkis till they turn light golden in colour. Drain the tikkis on paper napkins.
12. Sprinkle chaat masala and serve hot with mint chutney.
1. You could replace pine nuts with peanuts, almonds or cashew nuts. If you cannot find feta cheese, replace with any cheese of your choice.
2. These tikkis could also be dipped in egg or corn flour batter and crumbed with bread crumbs or sesame seeds to give a crisper texture.
Scribbled by: Megha | Date: July 23, 2014
The lovely monsoon is here! And we all know that rains are best enjoyed with lip smacking food. So, the moment we received the monsoon special recipes from The Park New Delhi, we knew we have to share this with you all. After all, happiness multiplies when shared with others, especially with those you love. There’s no doubt that we love our readers and here’s our way of expressing it.
Enjoy the recipe and you can thank us later! :P
Ingredients (Serves 1):
Bekti chunks - 240 grams
Fresh bread crumbs - 80 grams
Parmesan - 50 grams
Parsley/thyme /dill - 10 grams
Dijon mustard - 16 grams
Olive oil - 50 mils
Butter - 25 grams
Asparagus - 50 grams
Carrots - 50 grams
Zucchini - 50 grams
Potatoes - 50 grams
Cherry tomatoes - 25 grams
Balsamic vinegar - 5 grams
Tomatoes - 250 grams
Tomato juice- 25 grams
Salt - 10 grams
Black pepper - 8 grams
1. Season the fish slices with salt and pepper keep a side.
2. Wash, clean and cut the vegetables and potatoes in to triangles or desired shape of your choice, wash and chop thyme / parsley / dill and keep aside.
3. Make the fresh bread crumbs topping, for the fresh crumb mixture - fresh crumbs, parsley, solid butter, Parmesan cheese.
4. Heat the tava and sear the fish with olive oil till it gets a light brown color on both sides of the fish.
5. Mean while for the sauce in a pan heat olive oil saute onion garlic and add in washed and diced tomato chunks saute till the tomatoes are cooked well add in tomato juice and whole thyme cook for about five minutes on the burner.
6. Then take the tomato mixture and pass it through a blender, blend well and strain reserve the juice obtained discard the pulp, keep aside.
7. Once the fish is seared, then apply mustard on the upper surface of the fish and put the crumb mixture and bake for 3 minutes at 220 degrees in the oven.
8. Meanwhile heat a pan and add olive oil to the pan and saute the veggies and the potatoes and finish it with the chopped herb (thyme/parsley/dill), season well.
9. In a pan heat olive oil and mix it with the strained tomato juice and whisk well till it is almost blend, season.
10. For plating - Plate the veggies on the base and pile up the herb crumb fish.
11. Spoon the tomato emulsion on the plate.
12. Garnish (optional) - sauteed cherry tomatoes, tossed in balsamic vinegar and grilled lime wedge.
We have one more recipe for you. So, stay tuned and don’t forget to tell us how you liked this recipes in the comments below.